06 September 2007

Googer-realla

-----

Busy busy
Intentions and all that.
I'll be taking a leap. I think I'll treat myself to that at least once a year, or on the occasional. Feels ... good for the soul, mine. Like I haven't experienced wild abandonment before! Well, not totally anyways.
I'll be attending an art / DJ music thing under CUM (Creative United Movement) - by Lucideas someplace in KL called 'Palate Pallet". Should be interesting, and maybe I'll meet some people there that help in future personal projects. No harm eh, I juts hope there's not too much social mingling ... I don't last too long in those crowds.
Oh, I forget to mention - its tonight.
Tomorrow night, I'll be following my good friend Vince to a meeting or discussion for Malaysian Gay Writers at the Central Market Annexe. Should prove to be interesting, and hopefully some new insight will be found. We shall hope, no?
I'm all for encouraging Malaysian gay writer and Content thats relevant to it!
On Saturday - I forget what I need to do at night now ... but After Work - there's a bloody good chance I'll be trying out for "One in a Million" singing contest auditions again at Berjaya Times Square.
Yea for raising the age limit to 32 !

Friendly Consideration
I've mostly resigned myself to knowing I will rarely get company for my crazy adventures anymore. it actually takes effort (who knew) for someone to say yes to accompanying me while I go tryout auditions, take random walks around KL, check out gallery launches and stuff. Primarily because it no longer feels genuine for some individuals.
At the back of my head, I think it'd be nice to ask them - and then I wonder at all the times I've been passed over, turned down and excluded ... and then, in a nonchalant manner, I'll wave it off.
I need to find new people as friends. And I mean real friends. I've assumed too much already on the basis of friendships. I can't prostitute the meaning of what a friendship should be anymore. Proximity doesn't count.
Effort does, as do consideration and thoughtfulness (well at some point, any point!)

And ... I should find more friends my age.

---

5 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

It's Palate Palette... was there last Friday ... very nice ambience and cool people there. And the event's called "CUM"? My oh my, I'm sure it's all innocent and stuff but I've the perviest mind ever...

...and I do know what you're talking about company for crazy adventures. I used to accompany my crazy friends on their shenanigans but now not so much... Growing up sucks.

G said...

Ah - it was fun last night. Too many people I recognized from my advertising stint ( hee hee ) and the indie art scene (wait, there's one?)

Well, I try and take time off to do my crazy adventures, even flying solo ... :D

Unknown said...

travel solo? sigh..if got money, then why not! i would like to do that too! even if it means not seeing my beau for a month or more!

heh...

Anonymous said...

wish I was there. I'd accompany you on your random adventures at the drop of a hat. I like random adventures ;)

G said...

Rav'n
Hmmm, I'm sure there's random stuff to do there in good ol' perthie too :D