10 September 2007

Swinging Doors

-------
Closing time
This past weekend Saturday was one of KL's earliest gay clubs closing night. It was decided they would have their swan song on their 5th year anniversary after 11 years of service to the LBGT community.
Well, sort of.
Although it started out as the risque 'ZigZag' (with its first all male stripper show) about 11 years ago that was reopened after being shut down (for the strip fest), as Liquid a year later I think. It was a bar and dance club.
Until it bought up the spaces above it and opened up Disco dance club and maintained Liquid downstairs as a bar and lounge. This expansion lasted for the last 5 years. With a prominent history and rocky lifespan, it slowly dwindled as recently flashier gay spots in the heart of KL opened up. Other venues over the recent years also opened up to mixed gay/straight nights of clubbing.
So this was their swan song. It wasn't even a packed night for a closing, much less a anniversary night. No more annual Mr Liquid parties, no more 'school' nights and foam parties in that space. It was a comfortable crowd but one would have expected a much grander crowd for closing night ...

As is, Disco dance club is closing and as announced, 'Liquid' will be moving to another location. Let's hope for the better.


Daring
On a whim, after an early night, after the club's swan song.
I went to a very well known gay cruising park somewhere in Cheras (it was called 'Lost World') with my friends and guides. I had never been there although I've heard a plenty about it. Oh it was a very NICE park indeed!
Although I must admit, I was terrible at cruising :( even with the aide of expert more experienced friends with me. but the walk at night was lovely in such a nice park.
I'll resign myself to the fact that any one of these one night stand / cruise / bathhouses type gay activities that I'm just no good at.

---

Prose

Revolving Revolutions.
We move full circle forward, which makes no sense.
Not to me, not to few others too I hope.
Or else I'd mope.
At the state of things.
At the state of government.
I'll weep and laugh in silent mirth and ironic humour.
And come full circle.
At least I can't step back, becuase it means I'l only moving forward.
Or is it the other way around.
Help me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahah... well, one would think that after supposedly 14 years in the business that they would have learnt how to keep up with the times! apparently, no!

and u... i reckon... are a voyuer... heh...

whiterabbit said...

What the heck is cruising? Or is this one of those things I'd rather not know? :p