21 March 2008

Flies like time, bananas are fruits

----

De-Event

So its been pretty much eventful over the past weeks.

Good, no?
Or not?

Feels like I'm waiting for something. I'm pretty sure we've all been there. While we whilst the hours away of out lives, there lie something lurking beyond the corners of time.
Biding and waiting.

---

There's a couple of things.

There's the detailed information about the 'Poetry Slam' i was invited. Getting both nervous because I don't know when it is, how much I have to prepare or wether its going to be held or not without more information than a reply to a informal invite through the facebook email.

Daphne, longtime icon (and PA to the Dato herself) - is finally leaving to get married in one of the biggest churches in Cologne, Germany. Go google it - its FABULOUS!
Like most of the wonderful CG model structures for the Space Marines / Sisters of Battle WarHammer 40 K Cathedral like structures.
So that way.

Ever heard of Castle Crashers?
Check it out!

Altho' I'm still waiting for more in-depth look at SIMS 2, Meiers SPORE, the release of Age of Conan and hopefully Disciples 3.

My re-ignition for the love of table-top gaming, since Gygax's passing and my revival of the 2nd Ed rules game!

Starting a Gym next month - for sure!
Got a friend lined up to help me get started. I'm trying to motivate myself but taking monthly pictures of myself in the bathroom mirror. Hopefully the embarrassment will keep my going.
Seriously.


Saving up for a new computer OR a trip to Thailand. Hopefully both.

STILL waiting for the people at Amazing Race: Asia 3.
Yes, yes - I'll be patient.

ALSO waiting for my friend to get back to me on the personal art projects we were to get started on and motivate ourselves to finish by investing in each others work. ... ... ...

Having the most emotionally crushingly romantic daydreams out of nowhere - at random over the past week.
I just tell myself, I'll indulge in them. No more moping about fantasies, just ride it through and keep it where it is
. A fantasy.
Healthy, yes?

Actually feeling like I can do some better illustrations in a long time.

---
Ponderance

So where does that leave me?


What am I waiting for, where am I waiting?
Why do I feel like I am ... in the wings for something. Not necessarily greater but pertinent to wherever I am, whenever I am. I know this doesn't sound coherent and I am probably rambling.
But maybe this is natural state for me.
Like for everyone else out there to which we expect better or more out of life?
or maybe its for those of us, who are never sated by our own life experiences, which is not altogether bad.
Maybe we need to strive to find ways to fulfill it.
Maybe thats what makes the journey worth it.


Maybe ...

Have you asked yourself today, what you did that made you happy?

---
Prose

Hickory, Dickory, Tock

Three mice wandered a clock.
All blind, all cold, they all were told.
To run up the clock at one.

Hickory, Dickory, Tock
We men of the world, took stock
Our lives run amok, never do what we're told.
And the clock fell upon us at one.

---
Supreme Indulgence -

I just realized what specific sort of guys i like.

Sigh - the following three ...
They all have a wicked sense of humour.
A mischievous streak to their nature.
Ken is also a screenwiter!
Nathan is a Sci-Fi Buff!
James passionate about his sports!

Could I just mish-mash them all into the perfect guy .... (( sigh ))



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you slamming? Cos I'm coming. Would be cool to see ya perform since I missed the last time. Gosh, a year ago now? Where the heck did the time go???

G said...

Slamming - well, we'll see. Haven t head any further info from the organiser since the email invite.

(( fingers crossed )) that i wasn't just the back-up.

---

I don't even want to begin to think where teh time went. its too horrific to ponder on.

Anonymous said...

My theory is some time-continuum-worm came and swallowed all the productive time we would have had, and just left us with the hours and minutes where we just, you know, did nothing...