24 March 2008

Gripe & Reason

------
Project Rant, kinda.

Ok, ok- so it isn’t major but I just thought I’d want to share my thoughts with the digital gods.

Florence asks me to begin with her and her friend she’s roping in to begin a ‘art think tank’ of sorts. Now of course, all credit for this suggestion goes to her and I’m pretty psyched about it.

Mainly because of what the goals of the art union would be.

It’s a small nuclei of shared minds in design – we could branch to do some pro bono work but primarily, its for us. It where we get together and really put our minds to produce art and project pieces that’s too big to handle alone or without support.

I sat down for one session and discussed the ground rules when we begin
1. We all invest.
a. We should all have someone at stake. A personal art project that we couldn’t accomplish alone or simply could find the time, prolonged enthusiasm and support we needed before. This is the time to take something that sways dear and near but never done to you and DO IT!
b. The more personal it is, the more invested it be comes. And if everyone has something in it – then we all have nothing to lose and we all have something to commit to.

2. Consistency
a. We always meet up even when we’re busy with work or life. At least once (hopefully twice) a month and we HAVE something. Even the smallest little thing. We have to be consistent in our meetings.
3. There is no EGO
The work is definitely the person who brought it to the table, but it WIL be open to scrutiny and we have to accept we can’t always treasure out ideas like unborn children. It must weather and survive the rigors of others to grow up better for the effort. One work is never better than the others.
4. There is no such thing as a bad idea.

Everything is workable. There is improbably but no impossible, no matter how silly, we will consider it until it doesn’t become viable. Everything we discuss is possible unless there’ s a better way (which there often is!)

And those are just the top of my head.
I think she may regret asking me.

I’ve been calling her at least one a week every week since our first meeting to ask her wh
en we get started. I mean, the point is to get something started and finish it no matter what. It’d be ironic doing this for no result, since it was suggested to defeat that very incident.

And I’m still calling.


Tarot

I want to go a Gay Tarot – Still do , still wanting to finish it.


Pride

I’m kinda happy I managed to produce this piece of art.
It’s a commission piece for sure, and one of my few illustration commissioned jobs of my life, but I like this one.

I did this after a busy day of work, at home up to the wee hours of the morning, 4 am ish.
Tired, dredged up, and with the implicit direction of making it look … “Frank Miller’-ish.

I think I did ok. Its still a little messy (as in the little white bits in the
black I didn’t clear up because I was half blind at 5 am) – but its all good in the end!
And I’m happy I did it.

Warning: Gruesome, violent content.


Super

I’ve always wanted to wake up and discover I had powers, but I could decide or place exactly what powers I’d like … or what kind of superhero I’d be.

How about you?







- - -


Prose

Security Scrutiny Scrotum
Switchboard Lovers across the board
Allay the sashay of language and speech
The colour of violence we long live and preach.
Instead to live.
Instead to breathe.
In spite of horror we bear and bore. To settle an invisible, forever score.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmm..and what kind of super-powers would u like?