31 March 2008

Art, Life and Zents


---
Art
So I had my real (by my count) - art initiative.
Nothing real hush hush of course so I don't mind divulging details but of course I can't really post any progress here unless its my own art project. But its good to know its able to start - get the ball rolling as they say.

Hmmm, I think I'll call it that. The Creative Initiative ... or something like that.
So we're off!
We started yesterday (
30 March 2008). As good a start as any day.
At
8:30 pm - Starbucks - Centrepoint, Damansara Utama.

Good preliminary although we are keen on a finding a proper work space that offers a good amount of privacy whilst still in public. I suggested Aunt Tracy's (Mage Cafe) since its well equipped to do work and it pretty much just regulars that frequent the place. So that's where we'll be meeting.

Twice a month sounds good enough, and we should really stick to it and have something each time if we want to finish all out personal projects by the end of the year. We'll see how this year pans out and if it does well, we could do with a couple more good heads!

On the list, currently:
Dann - Graphic Novel / Book
Florence - Concept Merchandise / Character Icon
Gary - Gay Tarot Cards (major Arcana)



---
Love
... has a terrible sense of humour when it comes to me.
Like that cool,ultra post-modern aunt, that always forgets you because you're not one of the many drones that flock to her when she arrives.

Let's re-imagine that scenario.
Like watching the kettle boil, but it always does when its someone else's turn.
I don't think I'm worried about it, nor rushing for it - and like I've mentioned before I'm pretty sick of hearing the "
It will come to those who wait" theories. I'd much rather the "Go out and get it" approach.

I just need an approach, and I'm sorely lacking in the self-advertising department.
But I guess I'm going for a within to without direction.
Getting a better face care regime and joining a gym this week.
So should score my some points on the scale - HA HA!


---
Zen
I feel zen-like one moment and in a flash its gone.
Akin to the expectation of bad news /good news. No matter how much peace you surrender yourself to prepare for it, when it comes, you end up shuffling between "I
ts okay, its okay, I can deal with this ..." to "What the FUCK!, What the HELL!, Who do I Fuck!"

Nothing has sparked this, not like when I was younger and everything would spark a reaction in between those extremes. Its nothing specific now - its general, like a floating feeling, that meanders and changes hue and colours whenever.

Good thing?
Or the onset of schizophrenia?

I talk to myself often, and I suspect people often do. If they don't, then I should listen closely to what I have to say in the quiet moments between desperation and inspiration. I even make voices for each person i have in a conversation with myself.
At random.
In the car, or while waiting. or both.
Its my gib when dealing with insanity.

---

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zen is highly-overrated. Chaos is way cooler. :P

Unknown said...

so, you, dan and florence and going to get together..sit at one table and just "create" ? :-p cool... don't know if you have room for one more? Need to work on second manuscript for novel...unless the trio is just meant to be as such! :-d

G said...

yo Vinnie,
LOL :D
We're making this an art project for now. Graphics and stiff, everyone contributing art as well.
And we kinda want to see where we can go from here.

If this is successful, why not another with more people right :D

---

Unknown said...

oooookkkkay....