27 August 2007

Five Crossed Constellations

Voucher
Long story short.
I walked past a Border’s open book sale and noticed a few people drawing in front of the stage. I came in late, but since I was waiting for a movie to start yesterday, I joined the “Manga Drawing Contest”.
The judges were from local comic and animation industries, and would have been nice if they arranged a discussion between the participants and the contestants later to critique work and stuff. Make proper use of their time and expertise.
Anyways …. It was surprising since it was really a time-spender thing for me and in 2 age categories (8 – 15) and (16 and above), as well as only about 12 participants where there are 3 prizes for both categories being given out. All I had was my mechanical pencil in my bag and I saw some of the participants with full colour Copic markers. Wow.
I won the older category with a first place voucher of RM 200.00 to spend at Borders. Wonder if I can drag this voucher to last till next May to buy the new Dungeon and Dragons PHB 4.0 RuleSet.

Mixed feelings
Relationships,
which I question whether I’m really ready for one.
I want to make sure I’m not mistaking this nice feeling as just a fun time (which I’m not opposed to of course!) or if … its really him. I want to be fair to him. Of all things, I need to be honest in this and for the both of us. And also consider my own promise to myself.
Friendships,
Where the dynamics have changed and its making me uncomfortable. I must teach myself to accept that I am not and cannot always maintain or have the opportunity to reaffirm my place as certain individuals friends no matter how much I may like d to. Or even how much I would have liked the rapport and closeness we felt as friends in the past / previous productions. Its silly ot me to think, I could be more especially when I can barely make the time … such as they have for their own inner circle. It sucks to feel left out, but I’ll come to terms with that, I have to … right?
I should be happy just knowing I have the few friends that I have … the few friends that I know are, for as much meaning as the word can hold are … friends.
So, a sincere thank you for those who’ve treated me in kind and hardly left a doubt at the end of the day, or week or month, even after the messiest of storms, to those who’ve stuck on with me.
Thanks.
Now I’m all misty-eyed.
Must be the fact I didn’t sleep a wink last night.

I need sleeping pills.

Less Angry
And I’ve said it many times before. Gosh! - I want support for this!
I want some kind of social encouragement that’ll say it’s a the better road, the higher road. I tell myself that but that fad is waning fast and I need a new perspective to run achieve that.
I’m not sure I can do it alone.

Massage
I’m going in for the Blind Man’s Massage at this un-signage-d parlour at KL Sentral. My old friend is leading me there again. He’s such a connoisseur of such places. Ha Ha.
Of course, I don’t think I’m quite brave or confident enough to actually try the sauna’s and bathhouses upstairs.
I’m much more content getting a good massage downstairs, Hanky-Hand-Panky optional and subject to how well the massage was, and often times at these visually handicapped guys are pretty good :D I’m glad to say!


Ideal
I fear to think what the “ideal” man is, the “ideal” date would be … and I shudder to begin to imagine what the “ideal” day could even be …

---------

I need more good memories. We all could.

5 comments:

Syar said...

Way to go on winning that contest! That's so awesome.

G said...

tq Tq tq,
altho' you do realize it was on a whim that I joined and I was too bored to go walking around ....

Unknown said...

ahem.. moi? a connoisseur? on massages? oh stop! ahahahaha!!

well, glad u enjoyed it! money well spent, i suppose? so now we have another place to try..granted, it does not offer much but the services are different.heh!

hehehehe...

Anonymous said...

new D&D coming out eh? wonder if they've fixed it or broken it more. We got the new deadlands books. haven't played yet but it should be interesting. very much simplified, but I'm hoping that that won't detract from the attraction of deadlands

sharanya said...

More good memories...

How I wish that for myself. :(