23 August 2007

Life-Challenged

---
Life-Inept
Okay, I'll attribute some of today's text mood to the fact I'm suffering from a stuffed nose and my sinuses have flared up again, in light of the humid rainy chilling weather all day long in an air conditioned office staring at a computer screen.
Did I mention that I'm having a Open Night for my play tonight ... ? In a couple of hours. And any strong medicine I may take to help me through this might konk me out and perhaps cause some drowsiness, because we all know how little effective non-drowsiness flu medicine there is available in Malaysia.
And so, I feel life-inept.
Ill-equipped to walk this road to life, this journey into discovery.
Damn.

Prayer
I hope the shows goes well ... uhhh, up to the end of its run, yes?


---
Prose

Breathe free,
effervescent delight.
Amidst the haze of allergens and spring dust
I want to breathe free.
We all do.
Away with the pills,
Away with the bland meals,
Away with the constraints of bed sheets.
Just make me
Breathe free.


No comments: