08 May 2007

Erudite Smith

---
The weekend
There were a few shows.
One was cancelled, primarily because there wasn't anyone to see it and I was informed later, it was unusual to have a Saturday matinee in Penang.
There were up and downs, molehills and mountains.
Some relationships staggered, others blossomed, some estranged while some reformed.
And DVD's were 4 bucks a pop.
Holee.
And a gleeful shoutout to my lovely rommies: Farah and Janice. ( hugs )
Farah: Brush up on your Chinese and don't forget to catch the next episode of MediaCorp STAR IDOL competition!
Janice: Get rest, much needed rest amd enjoy the mountain of DVD's you bought :p
The cast were great too!
Altho' it felt more like a holiday than a working show week but oh well.
I would have liked to get to know the girls and Brana better - but as it happens in large crowds on any excursion, you can't always mix with everyone you want to, but I still wish I could :D

It would seem customary to list down everyone's names, but you guys know who you are and that I lub you much much!

Muster Courage
Some words are defined and given meaning. Some virtues are given prominence but I still get confused as to why some are seen as virtues. Qualities of character perhaps, but ... virtue? Or is the word lost to meaning over the digital age or even when I grow older every year.
Maybe both.
I want courage ... to?
Strike at my enemies, who could be my friends as times and pacts change.
I want humility .... to?
Advance my career? Isnt' that counter-intepretative?
I don't know what to read or listen to anymore. Its quagmired by symbolism cum marketing.
Philosophy has no drive in this socio-economic world.
Its days are past and marked into the faded ruins and monuments of the annals of time.

See Saw
I feeling indulgent but its only temptation. It took me a long time to recognize alot of the signs of temptation and I'm always learning more new tricks it plays on me ... but I am learning.

Lurve
There is a Hug-Out I must digitalize and immortalize into the net.
(( hugs )) to Pat Low.
The wonder, duty and compassion you've felt on your current journeys are inspiring. As much as you may not seek to blossom the seed of cahrity in others, it'll happen nonetheless, should you continue in your beautiful and graceful exploration of yourself.
I (( hearts )) you.

To all
Learn to see the profound in your simplest surroundings. De-complicate the memories and guilt. Temper your shame with wisdom. Live ... live ... live ...
---

Prose
I can think of nothing smaller than a moment.
Its slips through knots smaller than a grain of sand. It is fleeting and everyone seems to want to capture, recapture and shape it. But how does anyone embrace that moment? No palms are small enough, no arms long enough to wrap around the small, tiny, child of time.
This speck which enamors us all.

I can hold it between my fingers but I know it holds me in its rapture.
This moment, that moment, your moment, mine ...
If great things come in small packages, then it only takes that much or that little to change history.
In a moment, Bell discovered telephones, Franklin discovered electricity, Keller discovered tenacity and I could discover you.

So take awhile to watch it by.
It will never lie to you, because it cannot go back.
Nothing quite as true.
And when you consider it, it seems larger than eternity.
---

3 comments:

machfairy said...

well...all the more reason to stay in touch :)

Farah said...

Only 3 more days darling! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

o_0 oh mother of fishheads why is my name there??



you're too kind :)