09 May 2007

Meek Inheritance

---
Rain
Maybe it is the shifting chills and gray blue ambience thats settled into my field of vision this morning. So I thought, let's compound the feeling with a little but of Tori Amos 'Tales of a Librarian'.
Mellow sounds too heavy, dreamy; too wistful. I think I'm somewhere between grounded and surreal. I can't place my finger on it but its a familiar feeling. Its unfortunate I've not explored it more before. I've little chance to immerse and consider it at work, but I can ... allow it to happen.
Which it is ...

Because it happens
Thats what I told a good friend last night.
If it looks like I should have taken another way, made the 'other' decision, I'll remind myself that there was something that lead me the way it was.
Just because.
And I have to believe it.

Parlor Spider
Spiderman3 was so promising and started off great & the build-up was great with the background and intertwining storylines. Until of course 70 % into the movie, the dialogue got cheesier and the dramatic 'acting' scenes became forced tear-jerkers. The convoluted way of tying up the end matched with god awful dialogue was really the waste.
It started so well .... but I guess its still redeemable if you can disregard the closeup-face-I'm-gonne-cry-again shots and inane dialogue towards the end.
James Franco was still hot however - i need more scenes of him shirtless ...
"
To prepare himself for Sandman, Church pumped iron for 16 months to bolster his real-life form."
Now thats amazing!
He was this comedian in 'Ned & Stacy' which I remember and loved! And now he's ... buff as heck! I also reserve this commentary for Christian Bale for what he did in Batman Begins!

Reading
So I contacted Sharon B., who will be in discussion with Bernice C. on what slots may be available for June for a reading at Seksan.
Would be a good place to test for plays too.

Secondaries
I feel like doing something ... charitable? Altruistic? Something ...
And the best I can come up with now is staging a play in conjunction with World AIDS day.
This won't have anything to do with the other project I intend to stage next year.
But I think its something to do.

I recall vaguely a group of AIDS patients putting up a play last year.
Something like that ... yea.

Board games
I need more people who like board games too.
Rare in this day and age amongst, the common city folksies but there's bound to be a few.

---

Prose
His silver eye looked at me.
His naked eye to my naked form.
Piercing deep underneath the facade of clothes and cultural habits.
I thought he might know. I was worried he would find out.
But I wanted someone to know, someone to find out - and then it might be easier.
Someone to break this weaving glamour unto me.

His silver lips broke perfect symmetry when his silver tongue caressed them.
Roilling wet and silky back and forth, he tested.
There need not be a test, no approval is required for the act.
The act that would be freely given then casually shushed aside.
I adore and abhor this nature of mine.
So self-vacant and dripping empty.

The silver fingers in grey light teased.
White blades of light glinting off black hair.
Remove my character, strip away my persona
I would have screamed, if I were more bold.
My last desperate attempt at immortal sin
Delirious pleasure of being his.

3 comments:

Syar said...

I love board games! What's your poison? Scrabble, Monopoly, Cluedo? Good old checkers? Is Taboo considered a board game?

I'm sure you'll keep us all posted on Readings, but you'd be a totally worthwhile reason for me to go. I don't like the feeling of not knowing anyone at those things. Other than thru Sharon B's blog.

Aye, to James Franco continuing shirtlessness.

Anonymous said...

I like board games, and I know lots of others that do too. you'll just have to come visit :P

ditto on James Franco. Hot, hot, hot.

As for the rest of spidey 3, couldn't agree more. the "meaningful conversations" had me cringing in my sleep. Haven't seen worse since star wars eps 1, 2 and 3. I knew church would wake a great sandman. Whats-his-face surprised me as venom too. much better than expected. oh yeah, looove Jonah's vibrating desk. *lol*

G said...

Syar:
Ah, have you heard of Settlers of Catan, Citadels, St Petersburg, Ticket to Ride, Hoity Toity, Swords and Ships, Risk … that sort of board games. I think you’ll like the place then.

Hey, you knew someone in the last reading at Seksan, no?
Anyways I may only be slotted for June anyways :p

Rav’N:
Sure, tempt me to visit Perth with the promise of board games. I wonder if that ever worked …

Spidey3 COULD have gone better, decent enough elements but … ugh, I’ll just stop there. Butler all of a sudden giving LIFE altering wisdom is bad enough … and why everyone was on the verge of tears in the last half of the movie is beyond me.
And why didn’t Gwen Stacy die?
Ok , ok … I’ll stop NOW.

Topher Grace, (Eddie Brock) yea . he worked out for the role of Venom but obviously not to the exact specs (Haha!) but he was decent. even if he DID make the character MORE likable than necessary :p But I think he’s just that way without trying.
Church …. for a 35 year old man who spent 16 months to get that … Oh Gaawwwd … and he retired from acting for oh … 4 + years already?

Syar and Rav’N
James Franco seems so much like the James Dean of the silver screen as of now …
Rowwwwrrrr …
:p~~~~~