11 May 2007

Serpents & Stairways

----

Serpents
Quintessentially mine.
My doubt, irrationalities and quirks. I must remind myself that there's no one that can deal with this for me. I can't share them, I cannot relate them to anyone. Its so solitary and lonely, and it forces me to face that there are shadows that I only cast that no one else can see.
Like everything else in life, its never falls direct. It will always veil itself in subterfuge even when its blatant and crude.
It consumes moments and prolongs torment, but part of me feels its necessary. Maybe it lets me handle anything lesser later. Maybe it makes me stronger.

Stairways
The theory of no pain, no gain is a weird one. Ive heard it glibly used, but I dont know if it holds any merit. Does it only apply to more physically adaptive actions? Should it?
It isn't the point, maybe.
A reminder that we are mortal or that we can always be better than who we are by exposing and feeling our own vulnerabilities and weaknesses. I want to embrace that notion that we are always better than we believe and that we can always be more noble in our pursuit of happiness and self-improvements. My progress has to be recognised by me.
---

Prose
Luck is a man.
He is silent.
Luck is my man.
He is willful and elusive.
Luck is evocative.
He allures and seduces me.
Fuck you, luck.
I want to.
Or you to me.
Or I will wait.
Or you shall abandon me.
Luck is a man.

1 comment:

Farah said...

I really like that.

'Luck is a man'.