24 January 2008

Celebs Passing By

---
Quiet on the front.

Although I got wind of the news of Heath's (ledger) passing early on - I got informed through a news feed through an artists gallery forum I'm part of, - I believe I was more stunned by another celebrity passing the week before.

But in proper order first;

Brad Renfro - July 25, 1982 – January 15, 2008 (aged 25)

Heath Ledger - April 4, 1979 - January 22, 2008 (aged 28)

---

Both promising.
Both found dead in their homes, in their bed ... on a tuesday.
Both suspected cause of death by drugs (abuse, overdose, accidental) Tox reports are only only released in public 6 - 8 weeks after. Autopsies begin around 2 - 4 days after discovery. Kind of - i may be inaccurate about this.

Renfro seemed to be the more tragic (life, acting discovery and circumstance) to me - but its in the past now, so I won't ponder about it.
'The Cure' was one of my favourite movies of his, altho' 'The Client' was really his breakthrough performance. Picked up from the streets for auditions, he was, ya know :D

Just a journal post to mention this thats all.

---





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lost potential? Or a missed future? Or did I mix it up. All I could think of, hearing the news on Wednesday, on my 29th birthday, was that Jan 22, 2008 was the last day Heath Ledger and I were 28.

Weird thing to connect but it just reminded me I'm still alive, and that's a good thing. Things to do, a life to live.

Fare you well, G. --- be good and don't do anything I would. :)