16 January 2008

... I think I can ...

-----

Games
This review pretty much sums up the update. And I was looking forward to either ... sort of.

"
In recent months Perpetual Entertainment (Now called P2 Entertainment) has abandonned Gods & Heroes (despite being near completion), liquidated their assets, became embroiled in a legal battle with their PR firm Kohnke, and have now decided not to continue development on the much anticipated MMO Star Trek Online.
Source: Destructoid [ more info ]

Our pals at WarCry are reporting that the license and content for the game have been passed on to another developer, the code however has not. [ more info ] Now, I'm not an MMO developer myself, but it would seem to me that sets the project back significantly. And where that doesn't exactly mean the game has been zapped, for the time being it might as well be. " - GUComics.com

and from the Official website. Related news on the front

"
BioWare Corp. Licenses Perpetual Entertainment's Online Technology Platform for Upcoming MMO Game June 28, 2007 - BioWare's Austin studio has licensed Perpetual's online technology platform for an upcoming Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) title. The agreement gives BioWare - the company best known for their award-winning Baldur's Gate™ and Neverwinter Nights™ series, as well as the 2003 Game of the Year, Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic™ - the platform to deploy and support its online titles utilizing Perpetual's industry-leading technology for online game operations, deployment, infrastructure development, and community support." - http://www.perpetual.com/

I'll just have to wait and see now ...

---

Cosmic
Horror-scopes
Seriously. my Chinese horse sign bodes slightly ill fated for the year, and the Western fish sign is optimistic at best. Both the Yin / Yang - Eastern / Western embodiments of my fate in the stars and planets always clash every year.
Stuck between blessed good fortune and hellspawn pits of despair.
I'm never gonna get anywhere with this now, am I?

Altho' both say its a decent chance of meeting someone special this year if I'm single - wait for it, there's a catch. .... even if its going to be a short relationship. Iffy on the job front.

GAKKKKHHH!!!

Lust
I'm very tempted to engage in anynomous sexual encounters all readily available on the net, rampant in the city and the niches of gay KL / PJ.
Tempted. Even if my head knows better ... yes, the one on my neck.

Reset
My mode is on.
Cleared up cluttering emails, in 2 very messy accounts. Not sure if I'm able to recover the Yahoo ones. Those may be lost causes by now.
Including my one special Art Acct, which is linked on the side anyways.

Books
...and I've picked up reading again ... (shhhhhh)

---

No comments: