15 January 2008

Cylon-ic Space Ic-on

---

Catching up
... with movies! I've yet to see Brokeback Mountain.
Even after hearing so much about it, reading the reviews and all the grateful things its done for some rural individuals who couldn't connect or identify to their feelings out in the sparse prairesque landscape. Sort of inspiring for its time.
And its about time I resolve to watch it.

Reset Button
After hearing someone talk about Sailor Moon (him being an avid fan, I have a feeling I only got the tip of the iceberg rundown in that half hour), I can't help but wonder if we could all use a 'reset' button like ... Sailor Saturn.
She's considered rather unremarkable in terms of Sailor powers but she has this one thing, this ability, this force to completely annihilate the galaxy so that Sailor Moon may rebuild it.
I sometimes daydream if I had a way to completely reset my entire life to another existence.
Another birth, another country, another way.
To start from a clean slate.

Like so many who wish the same thing, even for a second no matter what state of lie you're in. Its an almost morbid curiousity to wonder what it would have been like, which pretty much means wondering what its like to completely and utterly let go of your current life.
If I had a reset button, I guess I would trade it for the world.

Then reset.


Tempted much
Like Chocolate. I want to be terrifyingly vapid knowing that too much could kill me. But like chocolate, in small doses it good for the heart ... and soul.

Budget
Fire and Stinkin' Rain! I hate this like Budgies hate snakes.
Trying to save enough to pay any annual fee's that will pop up in the middle of the year. Which will pop up no doubt and I better have some ready cash.

Gym
Been whining about it forever. Have to take in account of time, location and budget. Although as an alternative, there's probably loads of yummy guys, I've a feeling it'd be more stress-reliving than window-watching. Or ... both, it don't have to be mutually exclusive I suppose.

Argh!

Reviews
'In the name of the King' was rated lower than 'Gigli' internationally. Well to sources, like 'metacritic' and r'ottentomatoes'.
Now I HAVE to watch it.
'Jarum Halus' has a bunch of acquaintances I know. Guess I'd be curious to watch that.
Next month.

Chinese New year
Yes yes ... its coming.
Which means more to spend in coming preparation - oh groan!
And every year it seems to grow smaller and smaller, less grandiose for me. I'm not sure its a perspective thing, like how everythings bigger as a kid.
Maybe its because its more conservative budgets now, as the country seems to be metaphorically sinking into a mild economic recession. Inch by inch, every year, slowly. As prices go up EVERYWHERE except for my paycheque.
Families are growing smaller too with each passing death.
it'll pick up again I suppose, as my cousins are all getting pregnant and giving birth over the last 2 years or so.

So the cycle begins again.

Reset.
---

Art, come back to me.

No comments: