19 April 2007

Millieu in Dance Steps


Failings
So my blog is refusing to post up pictures Its not matter, its not like it really makes that much on a contextual difference, since it was really for aesthetics meanderings really.

Catching up
There's a whole lot, I know.
There's still artwork, gift arts, scripts, stories, games, characters, gods, worlds etc ...
But I've not strayed too far and I can reel myself back in now that I'm somewhat settled in my new place of work. Somewhat is being empasized here IF you didn't know already.
Sorry - being condesceing, gawd, I hate it when its meant sincerely.
Don't worry, you're not too far off yourself from knowing what I mean.
Patience, grasshopper.

Dramatics
As usual, showtime is this week. Wish us many broken legs and for some of us ... broken dreams, Particularly one cast members, though I suspect a few more will follow. If nowhere else, but that deep recess of a list I call 'respect'.
I've been fraternizing a bit more with the tech and production end of things, and I'm emphatizing way too much with them. I've started to get quietly angry for the same reasons both with them and for myself.
I'm going to be a mean, mean, nasty mother-fucka of a stage manager (sigh)
And here I thought I'd have to learn to be nicer and more ... tactful.
If nothing else subtle.

Professional tact
Which does bring me to my next point.
Whether or not I'll attempt my hand at stage management, directing or even producing - I think there will be a mystery murder. Perhaps even a multiple homicide. Its in the stars. And all over them. Fallen stars, dead actors, at my own hands - when I strangle them for incompetence and attitude problems!

Smidgen and dabbles
I want to sing.
I want to direct.
I want to produce.
I want to stage manage.
Its suicide to want to do all four at once of course. I'm anything but suicidal, homicidal maybe, not not slashy slash slash. No offence to emo'ers out there. You do what you have to.
I believe 3 are doable in the recent future.
I have plays.
Some are half fetched but I love them all. The diffficulty know is to choose favourites.
And we all now, even parents have favourites no matter what they tell the world.

Working titles for pieces I'd like to see (from my vault):

The Ugly-Stepsister:
A tale of sisters, murders, lies, and guilt.
Happily ever after:
Transforming piece of 3 princesses, 3 gods, 3 girls - all in that order.
Life in Fuchsia:
A marriage is written in the stars, but infidelty, insecurity and insanity visits.
Confessions of a Black hearted, cold Mistress of Evil:
An entire length of a death of a Mistress of Evil, each death punctuated by drama and beauty.
Four Queens (The Pussy Funeral):
A house of queens; men who live together as friends under a fragile demeanor of strength, pride and tenacity. The all begin their journey of discovery with the death of their house pussy. Poor Pussy.

In the Works:
The Wizzle Stick Wars
Broken Ventricle
Pixel Days (Life in Cyberworld)

Instinctual
Thats how I like to play my games, cyber or board.
Which brings to mind. I've pretty much lost my gaming friends. I was speaking to my stage manager last night and YES! She plays computer games, the sort I like as well (tho' I generally stay away from FPS personally).
Anyway I digress.
I like to just play. I'll have a simple strategy and I'll be agressive when I feel like 'effin it all at the end. But generally, its a looksie, tryout.
Yeah. Aggro players love to hunt me down and strategists hate the unpredictability.
Its one of those scissors, paper, stone things, isn't it. How this is relevant to anything else ... I dont know.
Really. I do not know.
Now quit pestering me with your problems.

Blues
Cute, the iTune iMac randomly picked a selection of Jazz to play.
Speaking of which, nearby outside KLpac.
You know these shops. MyShop, MyPlace Apartments, MyCafe, MyPub, MyCleaners ... yeah, its the whole MyVi thing. Well recently, I saw MyBatteryShop (car) ....
I did not see that coming.
Now let's postulate.

Homestead
Its almost the middle of the year.
I'm slowly going to realize the possiblity, the very real possiblity of moving out. Arguments aside, at the core, there will be a very centralized notion of practicality.
This is of course, tempered by a measure of saving sanity and a dash of regaining senses. If I'm lucky I'll get a dollop of personal satisfaction.
Ok, now I'm a little hungry.
Stop ...
Stop ...
Relax.
One dollar at a time.
Just save enough for a downpayment for rental. At least that much and it doesnt pan out and it has to be delayed to later in the year, I'll just have more saved up. If its next year, then I know I'll have extra to go travelling at the end of the year.
Yes, I must learn to love myself.
Simple, easy concept.
Terribly hard to follow through.
Just be careful, LOVE yourself - not pleasure, not adore, not admire, not indulge .... but have a tangible, real feeling of genuine appreciation.

There ... its done.
At least for today.
---

10 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Love yourself, I read, how easy. Then I read the rest:

Just be careful, LOVE yourself - not pleasure, not adore, not admire, not indulge .... but have a tangible, real feeling of genuine appreciation.

O you just had to go and make it hard, didn't you?

G said...

Oh my,
You know - the good things in life never are, aren't they ?

Anonymous said...

break a leg!.... hopefully not your own.

G said...

Rav'n
Don't worry, I already have a hit list
>.<

Anonymous said...

Hey you! I'm coming for the last show - can't wait to see you guys.

And yes, let's go stage-manage together gether k? :D

Have a good one, as the man always says ;)

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Hehehe... Stage managing... hehehe... All I have to say is, keep a stress ball handy =P. N ur gonna need an addictive substance (eg. chocolate)within easy reach too... *lol*

*hugs* Good luck for Penang babes!!!

Kenny Mah said...

Hope you broke all them legs over the weekend? ;)

G said...

Hope you enjoyed yourself MEL :D

Wish you were there SUMZ! :D

Oh Kenny, there were many legs broken - I left the remnants in my mind. It just wouldnt be kosher to leave them about when there's stll a Penang show.

Unknown said...

garryyyyyyyyyy.......
i want to do your script something fucked up something that makes mary poppins shriek.. a dose of sarcastic notion to every sentence and paragraph.. something ... something fresh....
lets do life in fuscha.... i want to play.. the church going faithfull husband .. who lives this double life ... who thinks of getting a blow from the wife is satans job and craves to ravish the neighbours son...and his confession... please gary please...

Kenny Mah said...

Heh heh. There's nothing kosher about Penang, mate.