29 April 2007

Werds

---
Readings
After a short stint at work, I managed to go with a colleague of mine (sandee) to a reading in Lucky Garden. (oh I had a great conversation with her over lunch too, thanks :D)
Several things came to mind.
I met the hot looking Kenny. He's so much hotter in person than his photo's admit online admit to. Yea, I'd shag him.
I was feeling weirded by people who were introducing me around. I believe there were notables in the industry I was introduced to which were probably important names to know, but I knew were that they did something, somewhere, sometime and were probably good at it. And here I am being introduced to them.
I feel like a fraud, like I shouldn't be introduced to professionals in their industry, which me quaint dabbling and attempts to foray into their territory. I have stuff for sure, and I'm pretty proud of them but I wouldn't want ANYONE to get the wrong idea that I'm experienced or any good. Let's face it, let's not lie - I don't know much about all this ... less about the giants in the industry and less so about the business itself. But Heck and Hell, I'm know this is something I wanna try regardless ... even if it all feels bigger than I am.
And this guy I met, Kok Ting, he's this uhmmm ... something to do with music.
Yea, he turns me on. :D
Maybe its the way he speaks.
The last thing that occurred to me ...
This is one of the most opportune platform to perform and test my monologues and dialogues (Oh my!). Yes ... I will try to arrange with Sharon? / Bernice? to have a reading in June or July.
Oh my , oh yes , oh dear.
What am I getting myself into?
I love it.

Telling times
I have evening meetings appointments which will probably make me miss "Tell-tale heart". I would have liked to see it for its appocahed actually but ... alas.
Sigh
On the other hand, I will be gone for a week.

Trials up north
Monday; Full day of work
Tuesday: Intended shopping, meeting in evening at work
Wednesday: Supposedly day off (home business)
Thursday: To Penang for show and bump-in
Fruday: Penang
Sat and Sun: Penang
Monday: Back ... and hopefully day off.
Tuesday: Back to work

I suddenly don't feel like I have any weekends or actual real days of anymore.
Double sigh.

Tales
I have an inkling of a story.
About the moment a wooman realizes she may be in love.
With her gay best friend.
I'm not sure, its obviously what I have to realize and research more about, but yea.
We shall see.

Dominoes
Please, to whatever shapes the universe in this world and beyond.
Make do with what you have of me, and make things fall in place ... at least into some semblance I can understand.

---

Prose
I walked in a cold room, intentionally.
I would have turned on the heat, if I knew what would warm me.
Warm this cold intuition, the still exact observation.
Far from clinical, closer to intimacy
I wish I knew.
Why I walked in the cold room.
I can't say I know, but I know I did not wonder.
I didn''t have the need, there was not wanting.
Just the motions of one foot before the other.
Touching the cold frame of the door before the cement plates.
Chill.
Tell me why.
Don't rush, just whisper to me.
Why do I return to you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I shouldn't be introduced to professionals in their industry, which me quaint dabbling and attempts to foray into their territory."

Everybody's gotta start somewhere luv. meeting the bigwigs is usually the quickest and most effective way to get much past the start line. stop thinking of yourself as some sort of fraud before they start buying into your unconcious projections. Accept it for the opportunity it is and try to make the best of it.

G said...

---
Maybe I'll just expose them as fraudy frauds!

Muahahaha

yes ... Hahaha, I'm like so operating on no sleep now, HAhaha been awake for like, uh, you know ... (counts fingers)
26 hours now!

Syar said...

I would love to see you at Readings. You should totally go for it.

I know what you feel about being introduced. I hate the mingling part of this events, so I just stand around like a tugu looking insignificant.

BTW, I have moved house. You'll see the new link on my blog but I figured might as well tell you here. New place : brighthopes.wordpress.com. Come by when you're free. :-)

Anonymous said...

that inkling sounds like the jennifer aniston movie where she falls for her gay best friend. and tries to change him, but fails.

hee

G said...

Syar:
Tugu's are significant ... i think.
Why you change house!

Pat:
"Object of my affection" - even tho i liked that movie, something about that movie made me feel uncomfortable. At a risk of sounding like a rip off, I want to explore a woman's desires to try and attempt to fulfill her desires between her needs and wants espeically when it seems like her gay friend seems to be her best answers.
I want to choose that moment in which she realizes this. Not an act but and act revealing the fact.
And frankly, I don't htink she failed.
Not entirely which is disturbing most of all.
I'll share my thought with you one day if we ever meet up for a decent cuppa joes :p