15 February 2007

Because Virgins love Valentines too

-----------------------------

---
Valentines: Fiction or Fact.
I dont care, it just makes me and probably a whole lot of other people feel bad or guilty.

There.

And a bloody good reason (read: business sense) for florists to overcharge a globally scaled rate.

Lets take a closer look now.
Namely, how it affects me.

I would celebrate Valentines the week before or verily after, taking into consideration how much Chinese New Years plans and preparations would coincide.
It works on so many levels; still observing the celebration within a much broader time frame, and in pragmatic chinese logic - cheaper.

But this year,
Oddly - not surrounded by so many confessions of grandeur, flowers or professions of love. However, traffic on the roads, would proclaim otherwise.

I’m horribly moody as well. I hate the fact it reminds me of singleness-ness.
WHY do I have to be single on Valentines all the time! Even in my previous relationships that lasted longer that a year, we ‘separated’ on Valentines
I hate Valentines.

Occupation
In other news, coz I’m too lazy to repeat this to anyone who actually verbally asks me what I’m up to.

I’m going nutters about my job.
I like the current place I’m working at, but its contractual. Not entirely too happy about that.No company perks and variable reliability of job surety.

Got this other seemingly great place, but far and deep into the city. Ugh! And some stories I hear, make it ... not so pretty anymore.

Romantic
Besides being non-existant.
Well ... there’s this guy that got my number and messaged text me. Cute guy - in fact, when I first saw him a couple of months ago - I was thinking .. ‘Cute’. (D'oh)
So like my usual enthusiastic over expectant self, get all excited that a cute guy contacted me ... as the weird ways of the world would have it, I wanted to get his number too but didn't know how to earlier.

But I have to force myself EVERYTIME to say: let’s keep things casual, don’t get your hopes up - its a cute guy, and HEY!, friends are great - aim there first and we’ll take it where it goes ... yea ... chill baby!

Yea right.
I hate myself.

I'm super excited when he SMS's me. What am I ... 12! I'm emotionally infantile, I admit it to no one but the public. I always throw myself head first into love-crap and crushes.
Even when it advisable to just start of as friends. I hate the effect cute guys have on me.

No, I don't hate them ... I couldn’t.
That my curse.

Hot guys I can handle. They often have a downside, a deterring personality that grates me in the most unpleasant and non-sexual way. Nice to look at, share social drool together, but unliekly to be socially, mentally and reliably comfortable with. Not that I'm closing my options ... my legs are always open, i mean 'doors'.

Same thing for hunks and dashing, charming conversationalists.

In a strange twists of events, I'm lucky to not have met so many stupid people on Valentines.

Guess stupidity is harder to pick out in crowds of love-struck idiocy.
---

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes man you are now sucked into this whole world of bloggers but hey at least we have somewhere else where we can just bitch about life and screw all the being nice and wanting to jaga peoples feelings as this is our place to do so.... ok honestly i am a bit tipsy so i am not too sure what i am writting but anyways welcome my brother!!!!

G said...

---
Sums:
Well I didnt get chocolate ... not one bit ... (sniffles) ... Sharing is caring ...

Bek's:
I dunno, I like calling you Bek's for some reason. Almost like Beckham without the football training.
What? Me 'jaga' people feelings ... oh dear, I'm not even very good at that in real life, much less virtual!
Ahh , the tips always wet for you, Dahling ....