27 February 2007

So the poison does work.

--------

The Apple Incident
Dont you want to take a bite of both sides of the apple, just to see if you're missing anything. Its so glaringly obvious, white side, red side - but you wanna bite BOTH sides! .... even if you know better.

Rehearsals
I'm rather ambivalent about the roles I've been alloted, but its still good. I can work with that. I'd probably say the same thing with whatever roles I get anyways, altho' if I were to have one say ... (don't I always) ... I am hesitant playing a part in my own play.
I mean, everyone's their own worst critic and i'd be no different since I'm in my OWN script.

Supper
So yea, I went out with theatre guy, see how easy it is to say theatre guy? Out for a late supper, like a late drink at the mamak only I wanted to eat supper and he just had a drink. We chatted and talked about theatre, his interests and passions: decent sparkling conversation with a cute guy. No complaints.
Except for the almost kiss
Dont'cha just hate the almost kiss
The leaning, eyes on the verge of closing. The lock, the load and the slow eventuality of touching
"not in front of my house..."
LOL! The hilarity ensues, in retrospect - its utterly and disastrously hilarious!
... and it leaves you wanting more for next time.

Doldrums
Yea, still having some art and job related doldrums. The slow sinking sand vortex kind where you're lazy to swim out coz you think you're fucked anyways.

---

PS: ToS'ers threw me and Branavan (blog on the sideroll) - a birthday cake / some ice-creamy, cheesecake mountain / after rehearsals. Thanks ... first b'day cake i've had with my name on it in ... years ... a decade or longer.

5 comments:

machfairy said...

thank you. it's really sweet.

i just don't know. it is not a difficult role, but the way i'd like to see it performed is not the way i can perform it.

however, as much as i love Jack, I might give Persona a try. i owe it to kelvin and to myself.

thank you, Gary. means a lot.

hugs :)

G said...

---
i think tis just all for the good of the play.
Actors should fell challenged but not crippled by a role. If you don't think you'll do it justice, allow yourself to find something you'll lvoe and shine in!

I think you only owe yourself, Kelvo be damned!

Just be enigmatic and make sure not one eye strays from you during the monologue - or you've lost the war ...

No pressure eh ?

((hugs))

G said...

yea i added a pic!

Anonymous said...

No offence... but that is a rather creepy pic babes :-P O I could just be too wrapped up in the whole stalker thing...

Still, thanks for the hug.

G said...

sums: But its a prettttty picture!