31 July 2007

Holier than Thou

Where temptations leak out ...
---
Drama in Drama
As it is always bound.
The closer it all gets to the date of show ... everything cames squeezing in. The boss is suddenly overcome with taking in every little details and having it now, even when some parts are waiting for others outside our control.
But I'm grasping at fourth wall straws. Just do my job .... just do it, as the modern Nike would say. Damned her capitalists consumerist Greek deific heart.

Ill Recovery
I worked the weekend at the office. Don't think I did much but its something I suppose. Actually still feeling like I'm recovering from my fever last weekend. So slow, but it makes sense considering I never took a real rest.
... and NOW some office colleagues are commenting on how sickly I'm beginning to look, as I'm recovering - oh the irony.

Job Placement
Maybe I should take a really stable - scheduled - job. Albeit, really not creative job line. There's a call for a video archivists. Its really boring, you have to love cataloging and details, be a stickler for order and live 9 - 5 every day looking at numbers and generated stacks of thousands per day.
You think?

The Play
I realized I don't have the motivation to play my current character in the play. There's something missing. Something core and inherent that isn't coming through. I hate coming in so late into the piece and not having time to explore and being told "What you're doing is already good, keep it up but occasionally you can do a little of this and that..."
What is that?!?
There's something missing, can't you feel it?
Tension, need, want, supergoal, intention - its ... not really there. I don't know why my character is there. Blah.
Need time to work this out even though time is running out.
Wait - a lot of unspoken subtext is getting glanced over. And I believe a lot. There's more physical writ thats not been wrung out or explored. There is more than the written word - can't they see it! There more I dedicate myself to read and memorize it, the more I realize that there's so much we're not getting. Even superficially, we're not getting it. We've imposed out own simplicity on it. i know its not a heavy-handed play to begin with, but at its core it represents more than it shows.
Is it wrong to want the others to show it?

---
Prose

God's wits
were left behind.
At the world's end.
Then we will get
the funny.

2 comments:

Sums said...

*ohm chi chi*

machfairy said...

*ohm chi chi* indeed.

sorry, i've been a lazy fck.