30 July 2007

White Whine, Red Rum

---
Ill Fated
I despise getting ill before the weekend begins.
It just seems that by the time Monday rolls around, and you've just begun recovering, its still not wroth the effort explaining to your employer's why you need the day off to recover. The only day on Sunday I truly get a rest after a 6 day work week, and I have a pulsating fever, accompanied by migraine attacks.

Work Ethic
And I feel I should return to work when I know there's something that they may need for the last minute. My personal take on this, if I can't even do a halfway decent job, I should at least try.
But who does this these days. I think few do and I certainly don't fault them.
VERY FEW companies offer such great incentive for long term employment anymore, well at least in the industries I'm involved in. Which isn't really saying much - coz there really shouldn't be that many reasons why the advertising / theatre / design industries CAN'T encourage long term employment and foster company loyalty and incentives.
Because turnover is so great. I find that hard to believe when my country claims to have so abundant overqualified graduates who have no jobs ...
We push ourselves to be economically aware and away from out third world status but out corporate - or everywhere in general, can't function on the basic changes required to cope with the changes of being 2nd or 1st world status. So we accumulate the problems of third'isms with the onset problems of moving into second world'isms.
not sure if I'm making sense here.

Independance
Maybe its the chinese in me ... which reminds me, I havent had much chinese in me lately.
I digress.
I want to own something of my own. Be my own boss of something,
I mentioned some time ago, trying to look into my own Tee-shirt design business. I've looked at some business models and start-ups - and without much backing or a wide safety net, it still requires me to dedicate full time for it. I can't afford that, at least not now.
This theatre show thing ... I don't know. Perhaps put on shows, but thats not really owning anything though it still does mean something. A lot.

---

Prose

Incidentally, the cat walked across the black path ahead of me.
Does it work that way?
Was it telling me to turn back? Or was the crossed-eyed superstitious signal of the universe, telling me it was ok? The black luck had fallen from the feline wrapping the future path.
I could be thinking too much.
I try not to, or I fear I'll turn back for fear, cowardice, shame or familiarity.
I'll ask too many questions I can't answer.
They'll understand, maybe they won't.
I need to do this.
I'm kind of pretty, I can get by. I do ... did ok in school.
I'll meet someone, its a big world and he's out there. I'll have to wait a bit but I know he's out there. He'll take care of me and my baby, and maybe if I don't have a job by then ... I might even go back and finish school.
I hope I'm going the right way.
Oh, maybe its him. In that car slowing down, offering me a ride. He has a nice smile.
Oh dear, the cat caught something in its teeth. A street rat of some sort.
I should get out of the cold anyways.
Its getting late and there's no time to live like now.

---

1 comment:

Unknown said...

let me know when u r keen on building up the t-shirt design company. I am keen to invest and partner too! :-d