24 July 2007

Wrathful Sky, Memory Erth

---
Company and Misery
Where does the day take us to now?
As far as I'm concerned, with the heaps and heaps of work and the sympathetic workload and stress everyone seems to be gladly disseminating at the office ... my old barely-strung together headphones from home is strengthening my grasp on reality.
That and online radio.
Random strings of music lists.
Straight into my head through the ear canals.
Boom Shakalaka Shing!

Enamour
To the lyrics and music of "Wicked".
Never seen it and I doubt it'll ever get in this country, but ... its hi time for me to buy Music CD's again. I certainly hope my car can play CD's one day. I love my morning radio - but ... it tests my patience sometimes.

A guy
Double jointed, double entendre's were served with much earnest in the last few days.
But I have to be honest to him. I may have been forward in my approach but like previous experience has shown, I need to clarify where I stand before assumptions begin to take hold. I can't afford it, I would like to work with him professionally one day and clarity needs to be presented now rather than later.
And I will stick to my promise to myself, the few I intend to see all the way through. I can't bear any serious personal relationships right now. I have other things to tend to. Being a better person. Seeing my plans through. Priorities - I remember you well.
I need to be better to myself, even with my own promises.
So to guy, I certainly hope I can eloquate myself clearly enough to make you understand.

---
Prose

Colours that burn

... from the wheels that turn.
Cloudy wheels with spindles so sharp they pierce the sky and stars fall through.

... from the annals of the grave.
Stillborn souls mustering a seance to the living.

... from the eye in the great sky.
Delivering a sermon to the forest weeds who feed on the echoes of the lost.

Stanza to stanza, breach wall skin-paper tight.
I fight.
The bloody screen that bleaches the steam of the dusk.
I must.
Torpedo crooning love lullabies to cities before birth.
I sight.

The colours that burn fast, are the ones that stay forever.

---

ps: Crap, I wrote that in under a minute, forcing the words to spill out.
well, i went back to spell check it too, but the time there don't count.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should try being stuck with only AM radio... and a cassette player...and then discovering that one of the few cassettes you have that you're actually interested in listening to (Bryan Adams "Waking Up The Neighbours") is busted. so then you're left to alterante between Bat out of hell II and the sweet strains of your turbo-charged engine...which isn't so sweet when it's idling (read that as grumbling) in peak hour traffic.

Anonymous said...

*ohm chi chi*

G said...

Rav'n
LOL- actually mine does have a cassette tape deck to which amazes ANYONE under the age of 25 that rides in the passenger side of the car.

They're mildly shocked to find out the music playing from my car is actually from the radio as well. I blame MP3 players, Ipods and their ill ilk. :p

and yes, its the rainy season here now - wonderful monsoon traffic of cars and bikes.
(emphatic hugs)

Sums
Chop chop Suey

Anonymous said...

*lol* Jad doesn't mind the radio but he absolutely refuses to liten to the cassette deck. says the sound quality is aweful and he doesn't know how anyone can listen to it