26 March 2007

Fragili-tee

------

Karma
I had a pretty bad weekend.
Kind of.
It was weird.
But it pretty much all falls under this discussion.

I worked half day (sometimes longer) at KLPac. Nothing exceptional.
I pondered between staying there all day or meeting a friend in PJ. I had brought ticket for Vince, his BF and myself for a friends "3 Fat Virgins: Unassembled". Yea Pat!, in her directorial debut!
As I told Vince, hey, RM 20 (actually it was 25 but I covered the remainder coz it was my mistake telling them it was 20) - was all going to charity. So hey, let's do our bit for charity and good karma.
We even (before) and (after) the play - went to a games cafe to play a some board games. Cool, someone bought over Settlers and its renamed the Mage Cafe, with less but still good Board games all around galore!
However, I made a Boo-boo. We were suppose to pay for the games in the first session (before) but it wasn't billed. The second time (after), I thought we paid and told him, since we came back to play- we could be billed as one visit, granted we went missing for a few hours for the play. And we left, with me only realizing later we didn't even pay the first time.
Vince says he wouldn't go back, it was their mistake really.
Me, I was feeling ambivalent, I would have gone back without qualms, but walking away also wasn't a bother.
Sunday morning. I treated it lazy, woke up late and did some work.
As the afternoon approached I got ready to go out and I noticed my USB 1 Gig flash drive was missing. SHIT!
I drove all day, retraced my steps to PJ and then to KL ....
I was pissed, at myself.
The one time I took it off my neck coz it got snagged (and I though could get lost) on my jacket zipper and I put it in my pocket. Great ....
Later in the evening, I rushed back to dinner at Subang Parade.
Then after that back to KL again to discuss my freelance web design gig (Elton) (which I needed my USB drive for).
Shit ...
I'm more pissed at the loss of content then the DAMN thing itself.
So I drove back and forth all day.
And I lost a F Driver.
And at night, when I caught the last half hour of Grey's Anatomy: the narrator George was talking about Karma.

WHAT THE FUCK!
---

Prose:
Angry at the sea, I tore the shore to bits.
Of sand.
Angry at the sky, I shred the winds.
Into clouds.
Angry at myself, I grew older.
and died alone.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the poem is very forlorn, but I like it.

Hmmm, I do seam to remember you "conveniently forgetting" to pay for things when we were younger :P... Or shouldn't I bring up issues from your misspent youth?

G said...

---
My youth was never misspent.
Ever :p
---
yea poem just came to me, somewhere between being very cross with myself and just angry at things in general.

Syar said...

I like the poem too. Fitting for now.

I've had that. I don't know what I'd do if I lost my thumb drive and its a constant worry anytime I plug it anywhere that I'll forget it and leave it and lose everything. It sucks. I'm sorry its lost and that you had a sucky weekend.

Karma threw you a bad loop. It'll pay you back (in positives) sooner or later. Try not to be too mad at yourself, yeah?

G said...

Syar

Yea days like those do happen.
And its unfortunate - but if you've known me long enough.
I have shitty days / weeks like this almost periodically, monthly - like karmic life menstrual cramps.

Unknown said...

I AM A FAT VIRGIN! Ok..maybe not a virgin anymore.. tee hee!!

Gary, just think positively happy gay thoughts and you will make it through the day, month, hour, week..whatever..whichever! if all else fails, take a valium...or two!

sympathies on the demise and lost of your thumb drive... i know it is irreplaceable. cry over it.. moan over it and move on... u know me..

we can't cry over sour milk too long anyways! no point in becoming a bitter old queen when everyone else is doing a far better job than us! k?

times like this, is good to take stock of all the shitty things happening.. and bottle them up before throwing them away!

drama with your dad - hardly avoidable but can be ignored n cast aside... how long can madness prevail? (once again, i'd happily run him over for you, u know!)

find ways to relax and just... not like biatches or things get to you too much!