28 March 2007

No photo's allowed - said the spider

---------
Slammin'
There's a Slam poetry event coming here, actually here!
Thats what got me started on this whole performance poetry kick anwyays - with OMG-series (TheOralStage). and I found out Sharanya's involved in it.
Let's keep to the spirit of honesty and say ->What!?!
I'm fully glad she's involved in something like this and she's bloody great at what she does and I think she'll blow everyone's away ... but I thought it could have been my thing. At least I would somehow be involved in this in some way.
I guess not.

A thousand words.
I'm no good.
I can't take a freakin' decent picture, ever. All the darn shots we did for promo's and front-of-house for the 'Screwed' production - all pretty much unusable.
It takes forever to sift through the mountains and years (I don't take my own pics much, coz well ... I don't) of photographs to find a decent one.
Apparently, I dont do so well if I can't move.
Non-animated seems to be my worst feature.

Deciding Melodia.
I want to write songs.
Am I being ambitious ... or simply just naturally curious.
Its going to swallow me up again, I can feel the churning of the muscles, along the feeding orifice of an overwhelming glut.
I want to try.
And I don't mean, write a diddle, piddle, pot and leave it on a scrap someplace or a whistling tune in a memory - but have it performed, sounded, sung ... by anyone!
:: You can cross-dress the sun to a moon, but you'll never hide the flaming queen ::

Buergoning
I'm reminded of 'Renaissance'.
Where every idea must be attempted. Every thought must be practised. A delicious study of science and rationality as applied to the creative flight and fancies of arts.
Perhaps I am borne to a period that does not need me.
Perhaps I was borne out of time.
Out of place.

---

Prose
The passing flit and flow of time stopped for a moment. Its swayed uncertain in the doorway, hesitant but blossoming with piqued interest. It had to know. It must know.
So they entered.
Time crept in slow but swift, silent but announcing. And I knew I had it.
It was a flame's shadow away but subconsciously I knew it was further. It was further than the chimes of the grand-clock in the hallway, next door, across the room of the mansion beyond the gates, far into the lands next to mine.
Far from my heart.
Its what dreams are like.
They seem hesitant, but truly they are not. They never were, even in the face of fear. They face the same whether it be horror or delight. Master and slaves find meaning but no names to cling upon. The chains shackling the hands of time are called so because they have to be to exist. There's more, but only the blind and deaf know of them. The mute becomes its prophets.
They lay on the fringe of my mind.
The flickering edges, the faded corners,, it sleeps.
Comfort, it drew away from me. Its curiosity sated, its curse passed to me.
And I draw without, toward and distant until I pass a doorway.
And I am hesitant but sure.
I want to go inside.
I must know.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, I'm generally not very photogenic either. As far as the non-animated stuff goes, posing and making it look natural is a pretty hard thing to do.

So write songs. You're writing plays now, combine the two and write musicals. Thats one way of getting your songs performed. or just write one song and incorporate it into a play where some lover seranades the object of his/her desire or something.

sharanya said...

Gary... I was surprised to see this because I didn't realise that you felt... resentful.

For the record, I had absolutely nothing to do with organising this slam. I wasn't even sure what it actually entailed when I signed up for it. Sharon B sent a mail to a few people asking if they would join, I replied that I would, and the next thing I know she had a list of folks and a poster ready. I had nothing to do with the organising, I don't even know who the judges are, and don't know many of the participants.

There will be more slams in KL, so fret not, when I hear of the next one I will tell you.

G said...

Ravn
I'm kinda already doing that.
Putting snippets into some plays I've written :p
But yea - me no like image capture equipment devices, no sirree.

Sharanya
I think resentful seems a little harsh to use in this instnace. But I will not shy away to say, it does smacker of an inkling of envy.
Ok, a lot.
But envy is not too bad, it drives some people. Let's hope it drives me.
I never meant to enter anything professionally - so I guess I can't complain much. I always seem to be bordering on the precipice of something anyways.
Don't fret, the most harm I do in these cases are to myself first and foremost :D
(hugs?) :D

G said...

By the way - theres no judges Sharanya.

At least not official, the audience determines who goes well or not :D

LOL - the judges eliminate based on popularity.

it really is like a face off challenge :p

Unknown said...

Gary,

resentment is the seeds of personal destruction. do not envy anyone else. you are your own person and should be happy that right now, you are slowly determining the RIGHT path you YOURSELF wish to take for your career and life.

forgive me for saying this and you know that i tend to speak my mind when i can and you may take this whole comment the wrong way.

But your post regarding the slam does sounds a bit envious..i am sure you will set me right but it does at the point in time!

i do hope that you will be participating in the SLAM, yes?

Do what makes you happy and content! yes, your life may be empty without a partner right now but so what? most people are contend without the hassles and madness of being in a relationship. I was at a point in time.. then meeting Brian, was fortunate to have met him.

You will meet him when you least expect.. putting too much expectations only causes you to worry more and right now, I personally feel that you have this darkening resentment threatening to burst out in a very, very ugly way!!

I know and hope that this weekend get-away will soothe some of your anger away...wink!

Then, just wait till it is my birthday..we can get smashed or close to that..eh?

am i suppose to get a tattoo?

hehehehehe

your friend,
Vince

sharanya said...

Hugs, now and always.

There are judges in this slam. If that's not the usual format, go figure.

Am curious but not feeling competitive. Signed up without fully understanding what it entailed. Teehee.