01 March 2007

Touch of Idiocy: Level 5

------

Life's Dummy like me
Well, it all kinda sucks anyways.
I was thinking maybe I could squeeze a bit of time after work to watch 'Ah Steve' -featuring friend: Johann Lim. Riiiight, life never likes it when I make plans for myself.
FUCK! I'm sorry Johann, you can smack my ass anyways for missing your play, I'll try and make up on Sunday!

Rubber Gas and the car
The whole parking / ah long parking situation didn't turn out well I suppose. My car back tyre blew out and flattened in the middle of the highway and I had to rubber drag it off the NPE later into Pantai Hillpark and leave it there for the night coz everything was closed that late. Bah ... Thanks kel and Mel for bailing me out that night.

Just fixed it this morning.
Bah - more money down the drain and an ever increasing excuse for my paternal to lecture me.
(chokeholds self!)

Si Occupado
Pressured to change jobs, I also (earlier in the morning) had a long talk with my current boss. Doug isn't happy I'm leaving but understands if I have can only renew the contract for one more month,

I think I'll wean into KLPac a bit, take a part time 3-workday to Sentul first for the first month and check that as probation. They may be pleased, if thats all they need a designer for anyways ... and its cheaper. They'll love that.

Kisses
Yup ... I'm stil waiting.

BOH, tea tea tea
What? I found out there isn't a nomination category for Best Newcomer (at least not listed on kakiseni) for the malaysian Theatre Cameronian awards! Like I'll ever got nominated for Best Actor (MUAUAUAUA- pops out a liver) ... Newcomer ... well thats possible. no?

So the drama
Yea, I just prelims for the visuals for ToS's "Screwed". Woohoo, I'm pretty psyched about it actually myself and I'm doing it! Gack! -- hey you can actually check it out - the scampy visual image anwyays thats ROUGH and not cleaned up at the theoralstage blogspot!

---

Becoz I had to take the test :p

How evil are you?






QuizGalaxy!
'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com

---
tsk tsk tsk

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer on the car tyre. didn't you ahve a spare?

you never know, if you set your midn to it you could be winning a best actor award one day :P or maybe best "worst" actor...kinda MTV awards style? hehehe

Anonymous said...

Well, at least it was only a flat... n not like that lil adventure we had in Genting *touch wood*... :-P

La... move to KL already la... the city lights are calling to u Gar...!

Syar said...

Gary! You blog! Yayness.

Don't be popping livers too often, or we'll have to use that obituary real soon.

As for the awards thing, well...maybe you can be a seat filler this year, like at the Oscars. Work your magic and voila! Next year's nom all wrapped up.

Anonymous said...

Cool job with the image (yes, I know it's just a draft). Would love to see the final product. All B&W?

And thanks for dropping by my blog with your kind compliments, Gary. Are you a fulltime designer?

Anonymous said...

PS. By the way, I like the way you frame your text in each post with several bold headings. Clean and simple.

PPS. The image you linked to on my blog comments - groovy. Ah, there's a big market for male-focused art, but more so abroad, obviously.

G said...

Kenny Mah,

The image?
Which image are you referring to, that is just a draft? Especially since I don't recall putting up a Black and White draft of anything on my blog (lol) or the current pieces I've worked on.

I'm currently employed on contract (ending soon) as a graphic designer, though if I'm lucky, sometimes as an illustrator, but I do want to do copywriting as well.

Journalism and article writing just seems out of my league. I do write poems (ask Sharanya) and some short plays on the side (I just got started last August- Sharanya knows :p she was my first actress).

As for layout.
Yes, somehow I believe it makes for much easier legibility and flow of thought. Like a punctuated idea and then elaboration.

Male-focused art
Ah, well I'm lucky enough, I'd penetrate the male ... I mean gay market with my illustrations but I may have a bit of a ways to go. And thats part of the problems. I'd rather not be in the foreign market. We need more local market that utilizes male or gay oriented artforms and expression.
Bah-the them all!
---

Nadia said...

Ditto on the kisses.

Bah.