16 March 2007

Maris was blind, as was his lover.

-------
Wednesday
Was nonchalant and possibly frigid. Absolutely no personality.
The tribe has spoken.
I worked late, 'nuff said.

On to TODAY"S post.

Octopi
It ... hmm, seems a little weird.
So like someone is totally getting on my case about confirming a job especially with KLPac. As far as I can tell, they would take me, but I've yet to seal the deal coz my contract is still on its final two weeks here in Bukit Jalil.
There's quite a bit of work to do, but hmmm ... it would be so much easier to actually DO IT - if I'm there.
Then again, it would be so much easier to do it, if i WORKED there.
'nuff said.

Harlots! All of them!
I despise it when they say they have work for me - but I don't see anything ... until the last minute- there's a buttload of work. Now I get this.
What I don't get, is that when I see the buttload and work and go through it I wonder why it looks like a complete revision! If it was alteration of previous work, I've allowed time for it and still could have met the deadline.
But no .... they had a new editor come in at the last minute to make improvements which SHOULD ONLY be applied in the NEXT set of books. Doing it to the current series ... well it DOUBLES the time and workload and DISREGARDS the previous month's worth of layout and exercises.
Can you tell, I'm frustrated?
Don't worry - I'll be giving them a piece of my mind soon enough, Like on my last hour of employment here.

Sucker Fists
Wasn't too happy at rehearsals yesterday.
Just, feeling a little touchy and pissed so I got all bothered about a flippant commentary. but I'd rather work it out of my system by ranting or fuming rather than cause more drama by talking to the person involved - mostly coz I know I'll get over it and nones the wiser and I'm better off. Its was really some small thing I could deal with anyways, give some time alone to simmer and calm down.
And I'm feeling a lot better now, I'll probably forget about it by the weekend though.
So I'm kinda glad I decided to deal with it quietly without dragging others in. I cannot control what others will do should I confront the annoyance, but I can control myself.
Cool.

Sucker Punches
I kissed a guy yesterday night.
After rehearsals I had to rush off - I met him for a late supper and before I dropped him home, we kissed.
And kissed again.
It seems to begin like that. The quick yet impossibly slow kiss, then tender and soft. Moist and delicate, because its uncertain. So unsure of reciprocation, it verges on trembling but buries it quickly beneath false confidence and culturally ingrained machismo.
And just as quickly as it ends, another begins, longer ... languid, lazy but picking up pace.
Given his youth, he grew excited - given my broken romantic sabbatical, I grew sensual.
And it ebbed and flowed.
It it descended to short slow breaths.
And I sent him home.

It wouldn't work out.
I've accepted it and I respect his stalwart decision. I constantly remind myself so I wouldn't fall too deeply in a trap I can so easily make my own demise. Nonetheless, I can enjoy what can be and whats is there.

Casual and light.
Yes, thats where I'll settle watching at the shore for now. The waves lapping and inviting but I daren't touch the deeper waters.

My last kiss was last October.
This was long overdue.

My Prose:
It was Above me.
In between the spaces.
Away from the rationale.
Tucked.
---

7 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

Sounds sorta sad, your brief encounter.

And do you do book design as well as painting?

G said...

To Kenny Mah,
Uhmm yea, I've done desktop publshing.
But yea I design book covers as well and illustration (paintings) pieces using different mediums (replicated digitally for time, and distribution).

My encounter - sad?
Perhaps. Poignant, close.

It could be a collective little ball of things, from minute joy, contentment, fulfilling loneliness and yes, some sadness.
but I don't regret its happen and I wouldn't want for more.
It was enough be in the moment.
Enough to be reminded.

((hugs)) <--- feeling emo now.
---

Kenny Mah said...

Cool -- look forward to pointers and criticisms from you then. I've just completed three alternate covers for Dark City 2 for Xeus --- will let you know when she posts them up.

Emo away, bro... :)

G said...

aiya
pressure lah (sweat drop)

Anonymous said...

G and some guy sitting in a car.... :P congrats on the long overdue kiss.

Ah, how quickly my little G is growing up. All that self control shown with the thing that happened at rehersals and now the maturity about the kiss... Growing up. Growing wise. Growing old. hehehe

G said...

Rav'n

Well it had to happen some time ...

:D

;Sdes I'm always sentimental about my kisses, and the thing at the rehearsal; perhaps I'm jsut getting better and racking up the points and saving it for a better and rainier day ...
---

Nadia said...

My last kiss was...oh, lets, see...never.

Bah. You and your boy-kissing. *shakes fist*

(I'm really working this bitter spinster thing, aren't I.)